Have you ever wondered why certain things are happening to you? Why the storms, why the struggles, why obstacles left and right?
Do you go to the WORD of God to find your answers, or do you just complain, and grumble. Your attitude towards the storm, determines your progress in the storm.
1.Do not fret because of those who are evilor be envious of those who do wrong;
2. for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.3 Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.
7 Be still before the Lord
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
WHAT TO DO when you are in a STORM…
1. DO NOT WORRY ! Don’t worry your pretty little head, for nothing; for the Lord takes care of everything, he feeds the birds, and clothes the lilies, will he not take care of you? Don’t worry about the wicked, for they will get their reward. Don’t worry about the finances, God will provide, because he is your provider, and your refuge. He will come to your rescue. Do not be anxious about anything, but instead pray about everything; make your voice heard, cry out to the Lord. Worry blocks you from the presence of God, FEAR lets God know you are not trusting him, but instead leaning on your own understanding.
2. TRUST IN THE LORD! Do you have firm belief, in the GOD you serve? If not, then it’s time to put your confidence in the Lord, it is time to prove your words, and reciprocate in ACTION. If you say you trust, then believe, and it shall be done unto you. If you ask without wavering, anything is possible to you, all the answers lie at your feet, but if you ask with doubt in your heart, you should not expect to receive anything from the LORD, that person is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. (James 1:6-7) When you trust, then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Without trust, you will worry, you will question, and you will feel distressed, and worry blocks your progress, and stagnates your growth.
3. TAKE DELIGHT IN THE LORD! Be content in whatever situation, circumstance you are in. Take great pleasure, and rejoice, for God is in control! He sees you, he sees the injustice, he sees everything. Nothing is hidden that will not be revealed. He rewards the faithful, blameless, and pure. If you have done your part, take delight in the LORD and search for him with all your heart. Place your trust, and be happy God is working things out, for your good.
4. COMMIT TO THE LORD! Commit your plans, your hopes, your desires, into his mighty hands, in other words, SURRENDER, give it up to God. Don’t worry, but place your worries at his feet, place your doubts at his feet, place your hurts at his feet, your rejection at his feet, your offenses at his feet, your distress, and your anguish, ALL OF IT, place it at his feet.
5. BE STILL! Stay still in your confidence that he’s delivering you from your troubles. Stand strong, and don’t be moved! Be still, and know, that he is your God, that he will deliver you from troubles. He will rescue those who are weak, from the clutches of the enemy. He protects the poor in spirit, and keeps them from all harm.
And least but not last…
6. WAIT PATIENTLY ! Wait on the Lord! Wait on his timing, for his timing is perfect, and he’s always on time, never late. Just like he was on time, when Lazarus was dead, and Martha thought he was late. Don’t you question him, rejoice instead, for waiting produces patience, and works endurance, develops perseverance.
While you are in your storm, REJOICE and ride out the wave, by standing un-bothered, and unaffected by the storm.
In your time of desperation, anguish or distress, uncertainty, or doubt, go to the word of God, and he will rescue you from your troubles.